For The "Chicken" aka Roasted Turmeric Cauliflower:
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower (it will cook down)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp powdered garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
For The Curried "Chicken" Salad:
- 1.5 cups roasted turmeric and cumin cauliflower
- 2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 ginger powder
- 2 tsp honey
- the juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 3 tbsp cashews (coconut glazed ones are best!)
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 tsp chopped mint
- 1 tsp chopped green onion
- 1 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 tsp red onion, grated
For Each of The Sandwiches:
- 2 slices pumpkin bread ( I recommend Rudi’s Organic Pumpkin Bread)
- 1/4 cup curried cauliflower mock-chicken salad
- Datil Pepper Hot Sauce ( I recommend using Captain Food’s Datil Pepper Sauce)
- Roasted Turmeric and Cumin Cauliflower:
Step OnePreheat your oven to 450 F.
Step TwoIn a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, turmeric, cumin, powdered garlic, and salt.
Step ThreePour spiced olive oil over chopped cauliflower and toss.
Step FourArrange cauliflower, giving each piece sufficient space from the other, and roast until cauliflower begins to brown and become tender.
Step FiveRemove from oven and set aside.
- Chicken Salad Recipe:
Step OneIn a medium-sized bowl, mix the greek yogurt, mayo, curry, turmeric, ginger, honey, sriracha and lime juice together.
Step TwoAdd in turmeric and cumin roasted cauliflower, cashews, cranberries, mint, green onion, carrot, and onion.
Step ThreeStir and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Chicken Sandwich Recipe:
Step OneToast your pumpkin bread and add a scoop of the curried cauliflower mock-chicken salad.
Step TwoDrizzle with Captain Foods Datil Pepper Sauce.