Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
1 lb. large shrimp- peeled & deveined tailsoff (approx 21/25 size)
House Autry Sweet Thai Chili Flavor Expressions - 2 pouches
1 large egg
1 tbsp water
Flour or corn tortillas for serving
(1) 9-10 oz package slaw mix
1/4 cup red onions, diced
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
2 tsp. Sriracha hot sauce
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with foil and set aside.
- Grab 2 plates: On one whisk together the egg and water. On the other plate place the Sweet Thai Chili Coating Mix.
- Dip the shrimp in the egg wash, shake off excess. Now roll the shrimp in the coating, pressing lightly to ensure maximum adhesion.
- Place the coated shrimp on the baking sheet. Bake for approx. 10 minutes. The shrimp should register 145 degrees with an instant read thermometer.
- While the shrimp are baking, prep the slaw.
- In a large bowl place the slaw mix, diced red onions and cilantro.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the lime juice, honey, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour the lime mixture over the slaw and toss to coat.
- In a bowl stir together all the ingredients for the Sauce.
- For more of a drizzle consistency you can whisk in 1-2 tbsp water.
- In a corn or flour taco shell lay down a couple tablespoons of slaw, top with 3 crispy Thai Chili Shrimp, then drizzle the Sauce over top.