- 1 Onion
- 1/2 cup of House-Autry Veggie Fry
- 1 tsp ground peppercorn
- 1 tsp sea salt (as desired)
- 2 tsp Captain Foods Cajun Blackening seasoning
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Oil for Frying
Garlic Aioli Dipping Sauce
- 3/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.5 tsp lemon, fresh squeezed
- 2 tbs Captain Foods – Garlic Cayenne Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Onion Rings
Step OneRinse onion cut into 1/4 inch thick rings.
Step TwoCombine flour, salt, pepper & cajun blackening seasoning into medium bow.
Step ThreeCoat each onion ring into Veggie Fry mixture, set aside. Whisk egg and water together and dip floured onion rings into egg mixture coating well, then cover in panko breading & set aside.
Step FourFry in 2-3 inches of oil, high heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Garlic Aioli-Dipping Sauce:
Step OneAdd all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
Step TwoAdd desired hot sauce. I recommend a compact blender or automatic mixer.
Step ThreeRefrigerate for 1 or more hours before eating (that helps the flavors blend together).