- 1 1/2 cups House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix
- 2 pounds, peeled and deveined, 21-30 count raw shrimp, with or without tails
- 1/2 gallon peanut or canola oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste (for shrimp)
- 1 10-ounce bottle of House-Autry Tartar Sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Sweet Chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste (for sauce)
- Instructions for shrimp
Step OneIn a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350°F.
Step TwoMix together the House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix, cornstarch, ginger and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle the shrimp with water then place the shrimp in the mixture and coat well.
Step ThreeCarefully drop the shrimp in the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden and crispy, then remove the shrimp from the oil with tongs or fry basket, drain well and serve immediately.
- Instructions for Firecracker Sauce:
Step OneDon't stop with just the shrimp! Use this sauce with hamburgers, fried or grilled fish, even for French fry dipping. The texture from the tartar sauce is an added bonus..
Step TwoMix the tartar sauce, the sweet chili sauce, the Sriracha sauce, the toasted sesame oil, the cilantro, and the salt and pepper together in a medium bowl and serve with the shrimp.
Step ThreeThe sauce is best if it is made the day before you want to use it.
Step FourMakes about 2 cups.