Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Delicious vegetable hushpuppies made with Zucchini and Cheese
- 1 lb. House-Autry Extra Sweet Onion Hushpuppy Mix
- 2⁄3 lb. Shredded Zucchini, fresh
- 1⁄2 lb. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese q 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 c. Water*
Blend all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
*Extra water is not required as fresh zucchini will provide moisture.
1. Preheat oil to 350 F.
2. Stir hushpuppy mix until thoroughly mixed.
3. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonful into hot oil
5. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!