Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Red Velvet Hushpuppy
Delightful Red Velvet Hushpuppies for the chocolate fountain or paired with hot fudge sauce
- 1 lb. #120 House-Autry Sweet Plain Hushpuppy Mix
- 2 tbsp. Hershey’s Cocoa or any cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 c. Sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. Red Food Dye
- 1⁄2 tsp. Distilled Vinegar
- Water plus 1 tbsp
Blend all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
1. Preheat oil to 350 F.
2. Stir hushpuppy mix until thoroughly mixed.
3. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonful into hot oil
5. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!