Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
The Loaded Puppy is exactly what it sounds like. A hushpuppy, loaded with bacon, cheese and green onion.
- 1 lb. #114 House-Autry Extra Sweet Onion Hushpuppy Mix
- 1⁄2 lb. of Chopped Cooked Bacon
- 1⁄2 lb. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1⁄4 lb. Diced Green Onion, White and Green part q 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 c. Water
Blend all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
1. Preheat oil to 350 F.
2. Stir hushpuppy mix until thoroughly mixed.
3. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonful into hot oil
5. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!