Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
The Hushpuppy version of the Jalapeno Popper, not too spicy.
- House-Autry Extra Sweet Onion Hushpuppy Mix
- 1⁄2 lb. of Diced Jalapenos, careful to remove seeds and most of the membrane to reduce spice level
- 2⁄3 lb. Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese q 1 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 c. Water
Blend all ingredients together until thoroughly mixed.
1. Preheat oil to 350°F.
2. Stir hushpuppy mix until thoroughly mixed.
3. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
4. Drop by rounded tablespoonful into hot oil
5. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown
Note: Water measurements are approximate. Increase or decrease the amount of water as necessary.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!