Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Mildly flavored flounder is jazzed up with a coating of our Oven-Baked Chicken Coating Mix, then baked and served on tostadas with a creamy chipotle sauce.
- 1 box House-Autry Oven-Baked Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1 pound flounder fillets - cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 tostados
- 1 head romaine lettuce - cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 medium radishes - thinly sliced
- 2 medium scallions - thinly sliced
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 1/4 cup red cabbage - shredded
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro - for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Place House-Autry Oven-Baked Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix and flounder fillets in a resealable plastic bag; toss to coat fish pieces. Place coated fish onto a lightly greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish is cooked throughout. Heat tostados in the oven while fish is cooking.
For salad: Combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomatoes and cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
For sauce: Combine yogurt, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender; blend until smooth.
To assemble: Layer warm tostado with 1/2 cup salad mixture. Top with 2-3 fish pieces and drizzle 2 tablespoons sauce over top.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!