We first introduced this recipe at the 2019 Cheerwine Festival where 5,000 Cheerwine Hushpuppies were eaten! With rave reviews on this unique combination, you can now make these easily at home and wow your family and friends. For this recipe, you’ll need 2 cans of Cheerwine and you’ll get to quench your refreshment and drink part of one while you’re the chef!
- 1 cup House-Autry Plain Hushpuppy Mix
- 1 12 oz can of Cheerwine (regular, not Diet)
- Additionally, 4 Tablespoons of Cheerwine (regular, not Diet)
- Empty 1-12oz can of Cheerwine into a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Let simmer for 25-30 minutes. You will end up with about 4 tablespoons of Cheerwine reduction.
- Let reduction cool before making hushpuppies.
- Heat oil to 350ºF.
- In bowl, thoroughly combine Hushpuppy mix, prepared Cheerwine reduction, and the additional 4 tablespoons Cheerwine. Let stand 5 minutes and while you’re waiting, feel free to drink the remainder from the second can of Cheerwine.
- Using a small cookie scoop or melon baller, drop batter into oil and fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from fryer and drain on paper towels.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!