Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes
Boom Boom Shrimp
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Boom Boom Shrimp
For flavor that will really WOW your guests, try this Boom Boom Shrimp recipe, featuring House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix, our tartar sauce, and a variety of other flavorful seasonings.
- 1 1/2 cups House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix
- 2 pounds, peeled and deveined, 21-30 count raw shrimp, with or without tails
- 1/2 gallon peanut or canola oil for frying
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon powdered ginger
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper to taste (for shrimp)
- 1 10-ounce bottle of House-Autry Tartar Sauce
- 1/3 cup plus 2 Tablespoons Sweet Chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, optional
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and fresh black pepper to taste (for sauce)
Instructions for Shrimp:
In a large skillet or deep fryer, heat the oil to 350°F.
Mix together the House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix, cornstarch, ginger and salt and pepper in a medium sized bowl. Sprinkle the shrimp with water then place the shrimp in the mixture and coat well.
Carefully drop the shrimp in the hot oil and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden and crispy, then remove the shrimp from the oil with tongs or fry basket, drain well and serve immediately.
Instructions for Firecracker Sauce:
Don't stop with just the shrimp! Use this sauce with hamburgers, fried or grilled fish, even for French fry dipping. The texture from the tartar sauce is an added bonus.
Mix the tartar sauce, the sweet chili sauce, the Sriracha sauce, the toasted sesame oil, the cilantro, and the salt and pepper together in a medium bowl and serve with the shrimp.
The sauce is best if it is made the day before you want to use it.
Makes about 2 cups
Find some Fourth of July fireworks for your taste buds with this awesome shrimp and sauce combination, perfect for seaside, the dock at the lake or your own backyard. The light coating of House-Autry Seafood Seasoned Breading Mix will remind you of the great fried shrimp from Calabash, NC.
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!