Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
House-Autry Yellow Plain Corn Meal is one of the ingredients used in the perfectly crumbly topping on this down-home dessert.
- 1/3 cup House-Autry Yellow Plain Corn Meal
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or Chinese Five-Spice powder
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 ounces (1/2 stick) cold butter
- 2 pints (4 cups) blueberries
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon, pumpkin spice or Chinese Five-Spice powder
Crunchy Crumble Topping: Pulse together the House-Autry Yellow Plain Corn Meal, flour, spice and sugar in a food processor. Add the cold butter and pulse a couple of times until mixture is crumbly. Do not over mix! Refrigerate while making the fruit mixture.
Fruit: Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a casserole dish or 8 ramekins. Toss all ingredients together until evenly coated. Divide among ramekins; top with a heaping handful of the crumble (do not pack it down). Bake for 15 minutes; rotate pan and continue to bake, checking every 5 minutes until all of the crunchies are bubbling. Remove from oven and serve warm or cool.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House Mailing list to receive our Southern Crafted Newsletter every month. Get news, updates, and special House-Autry promos.
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!