Sweet & Sour Pork
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Sweet and Sour Pork
This classic Chinese dish is easy to make at home when you use House-Autry Cocktail Sauce and Pork Seasoned Breading Mix.
- 1 cup House-Autry Cocktail Sauce
- 2 cups House-Autry Pork Seasoned Breading Mix
- 1 pound boneless pork chops, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 stalks celery, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 small to medium onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- Oil for frying
Preheat 1/4 inch oil in large frying pan to medium high. Moisten cubed pork with water, shaking off excess. Coat with the House-Autry Pork Seasoned Breading Mix. Pan fry for about 10 minutes, until evenly browned. Drain on paper towels. Remove all but one tablespoon of oil from pan. Stir in the celery, bell pepper and onion. Sauté until tender. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large saucepan, mix the House-Autry Cocktail Sauce and apricot preserves; bring to a boil. Stir in the cooked pork and sautéed vegetables to coat. Return to boil. Remove from the heat.
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House mailing list for your chance to win a House Autry Southern Gift Box!! Winner every month! Receive recipes in your inbox!
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!