Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Mildly flavored flounder is jazzed up with a coating of our Oven-Baked Chicken Coating Mix, then baked and served on tostadas with a creamy chipotle sauce.
- 1 box House-Autry Oven-Baked Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix
- 1 pound flounder fillets - cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 tostados
- 1 head romaine lettuce - cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 5 medium radishes - thinly sliced
- 2 medium scallions - thinly sliced
- 10 medium cherry tomatoes - quartered
- 1/4 cup red cabbage - shredded
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp lime juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp chipotle peppers in adobo sauce - finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro - for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil. Place House-Autry Oven-Baked Chicken Seasoned Coating Mix and flounder fillets in a resealable plastic bag; toss to coat fish pieces. Place coated fish onto a lightly greased or foil-lined baking sheet. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden brown and fish is cooked throughout. Heat tostados in the oven while fish is cooking.
For salad: Combine lettuce, radishes, scallions, tomatoes and cabbage in a medium bowl; set aside.
For sauce: Combine yogurt, lime juice and chipotle peppers in a blender; blend until smooth.
To assemble: Layer warm tostado with 1/2 cup salad mixture. Top with 2-3 fish pieces and drizzle 2 tablespoons sauce over top.
Products used in this recipe:
See what House-Autry does year-round to assist disabled veterans and active servicemen and women with our charity partner Military Missions in Action.
Join the House mailing list for your chance to win a House Autry Southern Gift Box!! Winner every month! Receive recipes in your inbox!
HATV features our how-to videos and video recipes. Learn more about House-Autry or learn how to make a great new dish!